This green goddess salad is a celebration of all things summer.
Tender greens, herbs brimming with flavor, and bursting fresh berries.
What’s not to like?
I’m leaning heavily on the fact that pesto is “herby” to validate my claims that this salad can be called a green goddess. But besides being herby, it’s wonderfully crunchy without croutons and so decadent because of the berries. Homemade pesto is nice as a dressing because it’s so fresh. You can find my favorite parsley pesto recipe here. Because there is no mayo in this version of the green goddess feel free to bring it to your next potluck or backyard bbq. Summer’s calling.
Green Goddess Salad With Summer Berries
Skill: absolute beginner
Flavor profile: herby, fresh, fruity
- 4 oz baby spinach (about 4 cups)
- 4 oz mixed spring greens (about 4 cups)
- .5 oz parsley leaves (about 1 cup)
- 4 oz mini Persian cucumbers, sliced
- 8 oz blackberries (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 8 oz blueberries (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 oz parsley pesto ( about 1/3 cup)
- .5 oz olive oil (scant 1/8 cup), or to taste
- .25 oz champagne vinegar ( 1 Tablespoon), or to taste
- Add the sliced cucumbers, pesto, olive oil, and champagne vinegar to a medium-sized bowl and toss to coat.
- Add the spinach, spring greens, and parsley. Toss to combine.
- Spread the greens on a serving tray and sprinkle on the blueberries and blackberries.